Motherboard decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybe1

Baseband Member
Hi all,

Im new to this and am thinking of attempting a build so ill have many questions on the journey so bare with me. My first is about a motherboard. Have decided to use a Q6600 processor and im thinking of going for the Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R motherboard. I see alot have used this board but have also looked at the Asus P5K3 Deluxe. Which is the best ?

Thanks in advance

John

Welcome to Tech-Forums

First of, make yourself comfortable. Ask questions, alot.

Glad you picked the q6600 CPU, great processor.
As for the motherboard, the GB P35C-DS3R is unnecessary. You would be more satisfied with the GB P35-DS3R, no C.

Do you have a familiar ground in building or do we have to teach you step by step, which we will very clearly.

Hi. I too am looking at a new build, however I have found that there is no need for the P35C-DS3R, as all this includes is support for DDR3 RAM. And looking at the prices of that RAM, not many people will be able to afford it for a while!

Thanks for that. Never built a pc before so really new to this but i think i learn quick time will tell when i start. I want to build a really good future proof system hence why i was going for the P35c. Im going to use this as a media centre and maybe gaming. Was thinking of the 8800 gts 320 or 640mb too. Want this to be a good system.

Its true about the RAM but just want to make sure that in 6 months time when DDR3 RAM comes down in price and want to upgrade that i can. There's very little in the price either.

What about the ASUS P5K3 Deluxe is that any good or would the p35-DS3R be better for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom