Problem with booting to install OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheeppOSU

Solid State Member
Well I think I messed up installing the partition for the OS. As I was downloading drivers. It says I am out of space. I have never really used a partition before because I install to OS on the same spot I store everything else.

I figured i would just pop the os disk in and reinstall. I could not get the disk to boot. I went into BIOS and set the first boot to CD ROM and it would start like it was going to boot off the disk. Hit any key to boot off of disk... or whatever the message is. When I would try it would freeze and I would have to start again. Eventually after doing this a few times the following message came up. NTLDR is missing. I assume that its probably trying to boot off of the partition without the information it needs. But even if I set it up to boot off of the disk it won't work and the same message come up?

Right now I took the old hard drive out of my other computer and booted off of it to see if i could look around on the net and get some answers. So far not much. At least that I understand. If anyone has advice solutions I would appreciate it. If I can give anymore details let me know.

Causes

1. Computer is booting from a non-bootable source.
2. Computer hard disk drive is not properly setup in BIOS.
3. Corrupt NTLDR and/or NTDETECT.COM file.
4. Misconfiguration with the boot.ini file.
5. Attempting to upgrade from a Windows 95, 98, or ME computer that is using FAT32.
6. New hard disk drive being added.
7. Corrupt boot sector / master boot record.
8. Seriously corrupted version of Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
9. Loose or Faulty IDE/EIDE hard disk drive cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom