Could you realistically Multiboot from dos-vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

lafguy81

In Runtime
I wanted to challenge all the computer geeks here if you could make a multi boot system from dos to vista and have them all work right?

No you couldnt.

The reason is this. The system now-a-days are too powerful to naturally boot DOS,Windows95 and some even Windows98. Let alone no driver support for 95-ME on some machines.

So there would be no way uinless you did it with VMWare which isnt truly natural booting.

Yes there'is, not actually dualbooting, but virtual pc 2007. You select to occupy 64mbyte ram and a quite small size of ViRtual HDD.

Read the title. He doesnt ask about using Virtual machines. He asks if you can multiboot. Which you can not. Virtual MAchines do not count as i already stated. So VMWare and Virtual PC doesnt matter. For a natural boot you CAN NOT do it. DOS cant handle the amount of RAM installed today. Neither can Windows 95.

It wont work. Windows 95 and Windows 98 can not recognize anything as high as 1GB of RAM. Let alone it doesnt recognize anything larger than 32GB in HDD space.

I am still trying to find the maximum system requirements. But so far no luck. Acronis may allow for multiboot that includes DOS. Doesnt mean today's systems can actually naturally boot DOS up. But if memory serves my correct Windows 95 could only recognize upto 512MB RAM. That was around the max at that time. Considering 32MB was minimal and 64 was Recommended.

It wont work. Windows 95 and Windows 98 can not recognize anything as high as 1GB of RAM. Let alone it doesnt recognize anything larger than 32GB in HDD space.

I am still trying to find the maximum system requirements. But so far no luck. Acronis may allow for multiboot that includes DOS. Doesnt mean today's systems can actually naturally boot DOS up. But if memory serves my correct Windows 95 could only recognize upto 512MB RAM. That was around the max at that time. Considering 32MB was minimal and 64 was Recommended.

and there is no driver support. I tried windows me on a new machine. it barely works. there are almost no drivers at all

I wasnt even gonna go to the driver arguement. Cause there would be no way to set up a sound card in Windows 3.1 or Windows 95. Considering most of those OS's you had to set up the sound and GFX cards yourself qith the IRQ and all that. So yeah driver support is null let alone the system limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom