New soundcard or add another 2GB G.Skill RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye i think ill get the ram then sound card later on :D hehe the ram will be good considering right now im using 57% of RAM :(

when i had 4gb it didnt use over 30% at all hehe but want to keep it the same brand so i returned the corsair one. 4gb of ram should be enough and last till say 10 years? 1gb was a lot like 5 years ago hehe now 1gb is still around

I guarantee you that you will have a new build before the 10 year mark comes. But 4GB is a lot and you should most definitely be set. 1GB is mainstream right now with 2GB as recommendation. I guess power users will tend to go 4GB and higher.

3gb and you wont have to use swap file. there are lots of mobos that can use 8gb. there are some that can use A LOT more than that.
i like not having to use page file, just a personal preference.
4gb is too much unless you are using 64-bit xp or vista, as 32 bit xp will only allow a certain amount ot be used by the applications.

I guarantee you that you will have a new build before the 10 year mark comes. But 4GB is a lot and you should most definitely be set. 1GB is mainstream right now with 2GB as recommendation. I guess power users will tend to go 4GB and higher.

Ye but what I meant is say.... 10 years from now i can still use my 4GB RAM unless the DDR3 is gonna have a different socket where you cant use DDR2 Rams. :(

10 years from now your 4GB of RAM is going to be pretty slow. I'm sure they'll have DDR4 2000mhz 2-2-2-6 by then ;).

Get the sound card I'd say, at least an Xtreme Gamer. The only program it installs is the Creative Audio Console, which is necessary if you want to play with the equalizers and stuff, which you will have to if you want the best sound.

Okay not sure what to do hehe. :D

I know that if i dont have the stupid drivers for my onboard soundcard vista will boot up way way way way way 100x faster. But not sure what to do hehe. I know that a dedicated sound card is cheap but the problem i have is that none of them has the Optical Output the Toslink cable one.

Most of them have a 3.5mm optical output but where can i get a 3.5mm to toslink cable so i can use my 5.1 system with optical input? Radio shack doesnt have it..... who else would lolz. dont want to order online ;(

Or i can get an extra set of 2gb G.Skill RAM which is right now is $150.00!!! I bought mine for only $114.00 when i made my build. Stupid laws of supply and demand!

Edit: Oh wow this is what im looking for...

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio VARPAK 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express Interface Sound Card - OEM

but has bad reviews :(

neither..... y? because the xtremeaudio is a soundblaster live! sound card.. which is yu can get for 20$ on newegg....

get an extremegamer that peter linked...

neither..... y? because the xtremeaudio is a soundblaster live! sound card.. which is yu can get for 20$ on newegg....

get an extremegamer that peter linked...

This one...?

CompUSA.com - Creative Labs X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card - 70SB073A00000 - Computer Upgrades » Sound Cards

We sell this at our store for $99.99 but I pay only I think $60.00 for it. Should I get that one? It says on the reveiws that there might be issues with it like cracking sounds if you have 4gb RAM and stuff. Also, the Front audio panels are like HD only, not sure if mine is HD how can you know? My front panel audio that came with my case has both AC97 and some other connection, cant remember what its called but they are both on the same cable not sure if thats the HD one.

Anyway, how do I connect my Optical device there though? I have to buy another module?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom