New System Build, BIOS Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

magezzz

Baseband Member
Wondering about a few settings in my BIOS (Rig in sig). Not sure if they are using my hardware to full potential.

1- robust graphics booster - auto
2- cpu clock ratio - 8x
3- cpu host frequency(Mhz) - 200
4- pci express frequency(Mhz)-auto
5- c.i.a.2. - disabled
6- memory frequency(Mhz) - 800
7- performance enhance - turbo
8- cpu voltage control - normal

1. not sure wat this does, maybe auto o/c grpahics card? if so turn off and o/c urself
2. cpu multiplier (for o/c)
3.fsb speed (for o/c)
4. pci-e speed (leave)
5.im not sure
6. memory speed for o/c
7. prob auto o/c tool
8. voltage for cpu/ram etc..

alot of these are just standard tools for o/cing. the things like cia2 and graphics booster are just tools that o/c for u but i would rec u leave them off and do it urself.

C.I.A 2 is automatic overclocking, which I don't recommend. Manual > Automatic.

When you do overclock, I suggest you set the Performance Enhance to standard, as it helps with stability.

Set your memory multiplier to 2.00, this will set the FSB: DRAM ratio to 1:1, which is preferred.

So for now, just play with the CPU Host Frequency and CPU voltage control.

It looks like your CPU is running at 1.6GHz(200 x 8 = 1600). So disable EIST and C1E, in the advanced BIOS menu.

Wheres the memory multiplier? I don't see it or it has a different name...

The frequency for the CPU is unchangeable, or seems like it is...so how do I change that?

And shows the CPU at 1.35V...seems high?

You probably don't see those options, because your CPU Host Control is disabled. Enable it, and those should be changeable. The memory multiplier says, System Memory Multiplier (SPD).

That voltage isn't high.

^ u can't change CPU frequency.. thats locked unless you buy an Extreme Edition

turn C1E from your bios if you can find it or if its called "C1E" on your bios. That way since you cant change your Multiplier, you can set it to its max which i believe is 10 on the E6700 or E6750, so your system will be running at its full clock speed. So all you need to do really is increase the FSB. Yours should be at 266MHz at default/stock speeds cuz its 1066FSB CPU, if its a 1333MHz FSB CPU then your default FSB is set to 333MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom