Help Choosing Core 2 Duo CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameTaken

In Runtime
I will use this computer for
dual boot xp & ubuntu
I multitask a lot but here is the basics
mainly multimedia and p2p, azureus, photoshop, movie maker, itunes, firefox, dvd decrypter, starcraft

I have 2GB RAM, a good video card, etc

I was originally told to get an E6320. Later I was told an E6550, but was also told that this was overkill. But someone said the E6550 was G0 stepping so it would take less power.

I am leaning towards the E6320 as it is cheaper and I don't do much gaming. Having a dedicated video card will be a huge step up in performance I believe so I don't think the CPU will matter as much anymore. I'm used to gaming on integrated video. But the E6550 will make it more future proof won't it? Now this is even worse because the E6750 is only $5 more.

^^^^^^ I concur. They are really nice for the price. Cheap as **** too. When I'm not recommending the Q6600's, the E6750 is the next best thing.

I'm not looking to get the best PC I can get, I just want something that will effectively run what I want to run. Also I have a performance copy of XP that was nLited down to 200MB on CD and when installed it's about 1 GB. The performance increase from that is awesome. Should I still get the E6750?

I thought the E6600 were suppose to be cheaper than the E6750 but it looks like that's the opposite, lol. I'm surprised that you can get the E6750 for much cheaper. Strange.

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

vs

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

In this upside down world of computers, isn't it funny how the E6750 outperforms the E6600, yet it's cheaper than the E6600?

Lets kick it up a notch with quad cores :p

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

About $80 difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom