Wiring is done, everything is installed ~~ Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
That can't be a 10. A 10 is where you barely see any wires at all. And I see a cluster on the bottom, with the big snake running up the side.

I'd give it a 8/10.

yeah there would have been NO way to run the 24pin behind the tray. lol

i wasnt looking for perfection. just halfway decent so there isnt a mess of wires.

Great work. What kind of paint did you use to coat the inside of your box? How did you apply it, spray or brush, or something else? Are there certain types of paint I cannot use? I definitaly wouldn't want anything that is heat sensitive or degrades in high heat.

Warhammer 40k paint is made for applying to metal. This would be my first guess, albeit a terrible one.

So what IS the skinny on painting?

P.S. Would you be willing to supply some pics of the dremel'ed out area? I'm curious to see the other angle you're not showing us. I understand if it's your secret, though =)

Spray paint man, no brushes here lol

Just standard spray paint works fine form what experience I've had. Although the more expensive it is, the better finish you'll get. I.E., walmart brand spray paint is a no no.

Of course for it to stay on the metal, you;'ll need a bit of fine grit (400-800 grit paper) sand paper to sand every surface you p[lan on painting, and a good 3-4 layers of primer. I personally would think an ultra high gloss paint would work the best, that'
s what i plan on using this friday.

MG, you able to turn those hdd's around? that'd make it look so much better.

but very nice build. :) my next case is going to be that.

Great work. What kind of paint did you use to coat the inside of your box? How did you apply it, spray or brush, or something else? Are there certain types of paint I cannot use? I definitaly wouldn't want anything that is heat sensitive or degrades in high heat.

Warhammer 40k paint is made for applying to metal. This would be my first guess, albeit a terrible one.

So what IS the skinny on painting?

P.S. Would you be willing to supply some pics of the dremel'ed out area? I'm curious to see the other angle you're not showing us. I understand if it's your secret, though =)

i dont have any pics of the other side, cause well it was a PITA to get the side panel back on, and i dont wanna do that again LOL. i think i cut around 5-6 square holes.

i used a 400 grit to scuff it all up. then primered then did a 600 grit, then primered again. then i did a spray can of satin black. nothing to fancy

MG, you able to turn those hdd's around? that'd make it look so much better.

but very nice build. :) my next case is going to be that.

i COULD but there would be very LITTLE room from them to the Ultra. not worth my time or effort IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom