Overclocking an E2140

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ really??

fine then...

get an e4400 and a gigabyte 965-ds3 board and a curcial ballistix 2gb KIT

Well thanks for the suggestion of the DS3L and the E4300/E4400. However I'm gonna stick with the OCZ Plats for ram cuz they're almost half the cost. $140 vs $79 with MIR... ah wait a minute, the Titanium XTC kit is like, $10 more, might as well get that eh?

Yah, here's my final setup:

compjv9.png

they were able to clock it to 3.4 on air....
okay...probably they had it laying on a table, out of a case. they probably overclcoked it so that it was just stable enough to pass a few benchmarks, and give results of said benchmarks. not to shoot you in the toe, man...but anywhere from 2.8-3.2 is really the norm, from what i know.

your system above is definitely a decent choice for the money.
meh, i wouldve went with an AMD brisbane chip and a 590 mobo..would have worked out cheaper, and performance difference would be slight, if there was a difference at all.
just me, tho...i am tech forums's resident AMD fanboy/promoter lol.
good choice, and good luck!

I stand humbled. I'm sorry if I come off a bit cocky, I really don't know what I'm doing or what I'm talking about, lol, this'll be the newest computer I have in 10 years...

nah man...its a good system overall...no worries!
there are loads of members here who know about overclocking intel chips. i know a little, and am willing to help where i can. good luck, let us know how it works out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom