Gigabyte P35-DS3R problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheeppOSU

Solid State Member
I can't get access to my ISP through the ethernet port. It just doesn't seem to be seeing my modem at all. I am using the USB option on my DSL modem to get internet access.

Is there any good way to test and see if that part of the motherboard is bad. Everything else seems to be working fine so far. I know this is a real general question. I'm not sure what other details may be important. Let me know if anything else would be helpful.

I've tried switching all the cords out (phone and ethernet). It seems to work fine on my other computer as well. I tried using my ISPs install disk to and it can't find the modem when hooked up. I went into the BIOS as well and tried to get it to find a LAN connecter but it just sticks trying to search for it.

did you install the ethernet drivers from the cd? if not, and you dont have the cd, see if you can borrow someones computer and go to gigabytes website and dl them. i just got mine too and im having a problem, but mine is with onboard audio! gah, hope you get it fixed,
tainted

I have reinstalled the drivers for it 3 times that doesn't seem to be the problem. I wish my problem was just the audio I'm not using the onboard audio anyways. I am so excited to have it up and running I hate to take it back apart and RMA the motherboard. Well thank you anyways.

um.. is it green at the back of the port.. if it's not.. .RMA it.... if it is.. then check ur internet connection

i guess try doing a whole windows reformat. My friend had that problem, not on this board, but on his he had to reinstall windows adn then it worked.

I have reinstalled the drivers for it 3 times that doesn't seem to be the problem. I wish my problem was just the audio I'm not using the onboard audio anyways. I am so excited to have it up and running I hate to take it back apart and RMA the motherboard. Well thank you anyways.

I really doubt the motherboard is defective, I didn't even have to install anything. All I did was put the ethernet cord into the plug, reset my cable mode and router and it worked fine.

ISP came out today and he plugged his laptop up and it worked. He was here 1 minute said it wasn't there problem and left =) I have my old comp in a hundred pieces cleaning it so I will try that after its back together.

I can plug it in through the USB and it works fine though so I will just keep it like this. I guess it doesn't matter if its hooked up through USB or ethernet port performance wise?

I have a ton of the old PCI ethernet cards i guess I could try that and see. I just have had internet withdrawls the last few days so I haven't wanted to take the computer back down yet. Anyways thanks for the advice everyone. If anyone knows of a better way to test it let me know.

ISP came out today and he plugged his laptop up and it worked. He was here 1 minute said it wasn't there problem and left =) I have my old comp in a hundred pieces cleaning it so I will try that after its back together.

I can plug it in through the USB and it works fine though so I will just keep it like this. I guess it doesn't matter if its hooked up through USB or ethernet port performance wise?

I have a ton of the old PCI ethernet cards i guess I could try that and see. I just have had internet withdrawls the last few days so I haven't wanted to take the computer back down yet. Anyways thanks for the advice everyone. If anyone knows of a better way to test it let me know.

Ethernets better then USB and USB can sometimes be dropped ( from what I hear from charter )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom