Looking for decent audio card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sondigo Inferno man, I have an Xtreme Music sound card in my 2nd PC and don't like it as much as the Inferno and all i do is game.. sound is important to me and this Sondigo card is whoopin @ss right now

I got my X-fi Xtreme gamer card for 50 at circuit city ( normally 90 ) so you have to look around for good deals. Really the Xtreme gamer is the best card to get for the soundblaster series ( the only series you should consider ) since its not stripped down like the Xtreme music version and doesn't have the flashy X-Ram ( totally useless since almost no game supports it )

The Xtremegamer is more stripped than the Xtrememusic actually. An Xtrememusic will do everything an Extremegamer can.

I got my X-fi Xtreme gamer card for 50 at circuit city ( normally 90 ) so you have to look around for good deals. Really the Xtreme gamer is the best card to get for the soundblaster series ( the only series you should consider ) since its not stripped down like the Xtreme music version and doesn't have the flashy X-Ram ( totally useless since almost no game supports it )

Can you find cables that goes from 3.5mm to Optical on the other end cuz those cards does not have a regular optical output that you would find in say.... a home theater system?

i had an audigy 2 zs and i thought it sounded amazing for the price i gave for it (25 bucks from a friend) but you can find them for about 30 used on places like [H]

places like what???

I guess ill wait till my build comes in and decide from their...other than that, thanks guys.

Can you find cables that goes from 3.5mm to Optical on the other end cuz those cards does not have a regular optical output that you would find in say.... a home theater system?

There are few sound cards that have an optical out going out the back of the card. I'm assuming you're trying to run your sound to your reciever for your 5.1 you already have. You can buy sound cards that come with a 5.25" I/O insert, that would go in one of your DVD slots in the front of your computer tower. Those feature an Optical Out. Go to Creative.com and look up the X-Fi. A couple X-Fis come with them, and I know that if you get an Xtreme Music, you can buy the I/O accessory seperatly.

Price per quality the Xtreme music is the best, it has everything the gamer does but it has better parts and the gamer is like half size and the music is a full sized pci card.
The music has more options/modes aswell

hey jonny, put your sigs info abit lower...its cut off abit on the top.
its up to you though, just trying to help.

And for the audio cards, i would appreciate links .
Im not going to consider in getting one yet though, ill wait for my build to arrive and test games,music and movies out to check if its gonna satisfy me.

Thanks

If your current speakers are pretty good, you will probably notice a fair difference between onboard and an X-fi. I saw a huge difference when I went to an X-Fi on my Z-5500.

im using logitech x 230...its 2.1.
I'll let you guys know once i get all my stuff and its been tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom