Hard drive clicking noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Hey guys,
i was trying to figure out what happened to my buddies hdd.
Its a maxtor sata 160gb.
When i plugged it in, and turned my pc on, i kept hearing a clicking noise...i wasnt even able to boot on my own hdd when this thing was the slave drive.

I figured the hdd was bad so i told him to get a new one and he got a 500gb sata seagate for 120 bucks from bb.

I was wondering if their is anyway to fix this hdd, because its 160gb and it would be good to have some additional space for my new built.

pls let me know if their is any hope in it or im going to junk it.

Thanks

i could not, it wouldnt even let me boot. It was keep rebooting after the windows loading screen. He did have lik 50gigs of music in there.
I just thought it might have some hope.

nah doubt it, if he wants he can get experts to extract the data off it but that'll set you back about $1000

hes got them all on his ipod already...
he doesnt care that much for it i guess.
hes not gonna pay the money to get it fixed, he just spend 120 on the hdd he bought. I thought that deal was alright.Especially since i got it from bb.

its been a while...probably like 2 years now.
Its a sony vaio, he go it for 1600...WHAT A RIP OFF IMO

there is a little trick that might work, people had success with putting there dying harddrives in a freezer for about 24 hours and then hooking it back up, people reported anywhere from 30 - 60 minutes of success time....but yea shouldnt of bought a maxtor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom