8800Ultra vs. HD2900XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
the stream processors on the ultra are much faster than the stream processors on the 2900xtx...

True, the stream processor in Ultra run at 1.5GHz, while in HD2900XT it is only 743MHz

But the main reason why GTX and Ultra outperform HD2900XT is because they have higher texture and pixel fill-rate.

Just go with gtx, ultra isnt needed. You could probably oc the gtx to the ultra clocks easily.

you can core clock a GTX to around stock Ultra core. but you wont ever break a memory clock of an Ultra.

And Ultras generally run cooler, and use the same/less power than a GTX. Not to mention they can OC to 7xx/25xx since they have hand selected G80's.

Worth the extra $100? Of course. Thats why I bought one.

hah...well im waiting for the new processors to come out as well as the gfx cards...those are going to be my only upgrade, maybe a psu to support them.

I think that will be it for a long long long time.

yep, you will be set for a while though mgcook. You got an ultra, which will laste for a while.

Infact your whole rig seems good to go for a while...

lets hope so :)

my Ultra will be here tuesday. i've been waiting over 2 months to get this thing running. i started ordering parts 7/2/07 and here it is exactly 2 months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom