8800Ultra vs. HD2900XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol...
its a waste of time for them, they are just not worth my efforts.
Nvidia atleast provides results and satisfies most of the time.

But microsoft....its a whole new story...

Windows 95 was the best IMO

lol...
its a waste of time for them, they are just not worth my efforts.
Nvidia atleast provides results and satisfies most of the time.

But microsoft....its a whole new story...

Windows 95 was the best IMO

98 SE is pretty good too

honestly i cant remember using 95....it was a while ago. And at that time, i didnt know jack about pcs...

I herd me and millenium were HORRIBLE...id say vista should join that boad.

Im withrawing my thoughts on installing vista on my new build. I really wanna try dx 10, but i think i might wait longer.

Microsoft sucks...thats a given. I use linux and elude all the problems you are referring to, but thats a whole new ballpark. So are we concluding that the 2900XT dosen't match up because of it's lack of good drivers. I find that really interesting how they would come up with such nice specs on paper, but have such little performance compared to the 8800 series.

8800 Ultra is the top dog atm in the computer world. The 2900 is great as well but if you are looking for the current best than go with the ultra.

the stream processors on the ultra are much faster than the stream processors on the 2900xtx...

The 2900XT is slightly behind the 8800 Ultra, mainly due to driver problems. Just like NVIDIA, ATI released the card before the drivers were down pat. And, just like NVIDIA is still doing, ATI is working on and releasing improved drivers as fast as possible.

Actually, the 2900XT has made some huge performance increases from the better drivers that have been released. I'm not sure which category it is, but in one of them (AA, I think) the 8800's trounce the 2900, but the 2900 can equal the 8800 Ultra is other categories.

Note that I am not a fanboy of ATI. I own one so I can Fold with it. I previously owned a 7800GTX. But I'm not one to stand by and watch people heap BS where it is not due. Both cards are great. The 8800 Ultra edges out the 2900XT, but not by enough to justify the price difference. NVIDIA has a several month jump on drivers, and I figure once ATI has had the same amount of time that the 2900 will be even or surpass the Ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom