RAM 3Gb vs 2Gb Benchmark Results...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Okay, i upgraded my RAM from 2Gb to 4Gb but windows only shows 3Gb and BIOS does also too, not sure if im looking at the right one on the bios but hm..... heres the results...

2GB @ 1000MHz 5-5-5-15

3GB @800MHz 5-5-5-15

Is it worth the drop of performance? or is it because it only shows 3gb and one of the ram is not running in Dual Channel? Not sure how to fix this to show 4GB. Help dont want to flash bios, the mobo should be able to handle 8gb it says on it without having to flash bios or what not.

Okay problem solved. i got it to read 4gb i just had to enable something in the BIOS called "Memory Remap" or something like that. Now Vista is reading 4GB woot woot!!!

Also, no i cant run it at 1000MHz with 5-5-5-15 or 5-5-5-18 timings because the RAM Corsair i just got today is rated at 800MHz with timing of 5-5-5-12 so it might run at 1000MHz at 6-6-6-18 not so sure havent tried yet.

thanks hehe i didnt think this would work since they are different brand and all that stuff but on cpu-z it says they are running in dual channel so it probably worked :D

Anyway.......... um....... my boot up time is not running any faster, i still get 16 passes of those progress bar hehe not sure if adding more ram was gonna solve it lolz :D

Also i was thinking of getting a dedicated sound card but then none of them have an optical out, the regular optical cable out. but it has optical 3.5mm out but i dont know where to get a cable that converts a 3.5mm to optical. I saw it online but dont want to go through all that hassle and ordering it. adding a soundcard (dedicated) should increase mybootup time cuz the stupid asus sound drivers that came with my mobo increases the bootup time from 4 passses to 16 passes :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom