Increase RAM Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah i didnt really sterss test it. I played world of warcraft at 3.6 with 1.35v for about 4 hours which is pretty much stable for me. I turned it down though because i was sitting at around 62C and playing wow doesnt really require having the cpu at 3.6ghz :p

Also, what is FSB OverVoltage Control, what does it do and what should it be set at?

here we go:

cpu idle temp=29c
fsb=460x8=3.68ghz
fsb:dram=1:1=ddr2 920
ram timing: 4-4-4-12 @ 2.2v
vcore@1.4375v

this all APPEARS to be stable, havent stress tested it yet, but i know if i get anything much higher than this itll start to fail the OC and crash on bootup....

it may very well be, but seeing as i cant get memtest to work thats out of the question

Is 8x your highest multi? You would probably be better served at a 9x and a lower fsb if possible, because it will let you tighten your memory timings.

yeah, 8x is the highest for the 6750. i just ran orthos for 8 hours @ 3.7ghz and everything seems to be stable, it went through 2 loops of all the iterations, but lets see if my problem still exists. if it does im going to assume its a ram problem.

problem is still happening although cpu seems to be stable, problem does not occur at factory clocks. ill try to do a memtest as soon as i get a cd-r

well, i just ran memtest86+ and it went through 3 cycles, so the ram doesnt seem to be the problem. other than overheating the cpu, could an increase of vcore cause an OC to fail? say, if i increased the vcore TOO much could that be causing problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom