Best Hardrive Brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Seagate drives
they're quiet, fast and very VERY reliable
I like WD also, if I couldn't get Seagate, I'd get WD

I can't really say a lot about Maxtor, I haven't had any experience using them, but I'd say they are good from what I've heard about them

if I were you I'd get a Seagate 160GB ($99) or 200GB ($138) SATA drive

My WD is VERY quiet, if i take the side panel off my case and listen REALLY closely when doing HD intensive stuff i can hear some tiny clicks...but with the panel on i can't hear anything

but my case is kinda loud.....4 80mm fans running FULL blast

I say seagate. no problems yet, and ive had it for about 3 years. I think it's getting a bit old now.

i was actually going to go with a WD, but at Fry's while i was lookng at a WD HD, this guy goes "i've built a lot of computers, and i've had nothing but problems with those." i just took this guy's word for it, he suggested teh Maxtor, so i went with it. hadn't had any probs yet.....:confused:

you can get a 160GB harddrive for $70 at either best buy or circuit city. that's how i got my WD. WD's got 8.9 ms seektime, which is better than the average of 11. but then again there's the raptors that run 10,000RPM, w/ seek of like 7. but they're damn expensive and dont run as big as 160. just go WD 160.

thats the thing that i find with most of my HDDs, no matter wat brand they are, they are all very efficient and dont give me any problems, i would suggest either Maxtor or Western Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom