How to get scanner worken in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

In Runtime
Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question but here go's
I was given a HP all in one printer it's 4 or 5 yrs old its hooked up on a XP machine.
I'm sharing it with a vista machine using vista drivers my problem is it won't scan with the vista os
the printers recognized under printers and prints on the vista machine but it doesn't show up under scanners & cameras
Anyone know of a way to get it to scan with vista

Appreciate any feed back
Thanks

Insert the scanners CD. Do not auto run it. Go into computer and right click on the CD and choose properties. From there click on the compatability tab. Check the box for XP SP2 and Run as Administrator. Then setup the scanner.

Also have you looked at the HP site to see if they have Vista compatable drivers yet?

My HP scanner/printer/ copier, was automatically installed on Vista, weird the fact that vista know some HP drivers and don't know others.

Didn't get any cd with the unit,I install it on my host computer running XP home it automatically recognized it as a printer & scanner
I'm sharing it to my XP pro/Vista machine its recognized as a printer on both XP Pro & vista but not a scanner.
HP says windows Vista drivers is all I need.
If I hooked it up to the XP pro/Vista machine and booted in each OS whould be recognized like on the host ?
Or is there a better way just asking before I screw things up :D do you think that would work ? and how should I go about it.

Thanks for the replys and any help

Then go to the HP site and search for the drivers. If you can find the Vista driver get the XP ones and do what i said above and install them in compatability mode.

I went to HP site downloaded and installed what they had for XP they were no updates for Vista,
Nothing changed ,so I connected the printer to my XP/Vista machine and booted to each OS the scanner showed up in both OS
Until I removed the printer, then scanner went away there's no IEEE or imaging devices left in the device manager. but can still print over the network when hooked back up to the host not sure what to try next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom