Looking for decent audio card

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Hey guys,

Since I'm building my pc, I though i might as well get a nice sound card, since i will be playing A LOT of games, listening to music and watching movies on my 22".

I do NOT want to spend a lot of money on a sound card. I want one that will be better than onboard. I might plan on getting 5.1 speakers later, so i want to make sure everything will sound crisp and clear. I heard bioshock has amazing sound, and i just got that game 2 days go.

I dont think i want to spend more than $50.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Since I'm building my pc, I though i might as well get a nice sound card, since i will be playing A LOT of games, listening to music and watching movies on my 22".

I do NOT want to spend a lot of money on a sound card. I want one that will be better than onboard. I might plan on getting 5.1 speakers later, so i want to make sure everything will sound crisp and clear. I heard bioshock has amazing sound, and i just got that game 2 days go.

I dont think i want to spend more than $50.

Thanks

I got my X-fi Xtreme gamer card for 50 at circuit city ( normally 90 ) so you have to look around for good deals. Really the Xtreme gamer is the best card to get for the soundblaster series ( the only series you should consider ) since its not stripped down like the Xtreme music version and doesn't have the flashy X-Ram ( totally useless since almost no game supports it )

actually sort of on this topic, no point in a new thread....is it worth installing my old SB audigy platinum 5.1 card in my system or just plugging the speakers into my onboard?

actually sort of on this topic, no point in a new thread....is it worth installing my old SB audigy platinum 5.1 card in my system or just plugging the speakers into my onboard?

do you even have to ask that question?

well you guys can help him out....
But for me....any links?
And is it really worth getting one?
I've seen sound cards for over 200 dollars...is it that much better than onboard?

Well, it depends on how much you're shooting for regarding quality. With a $50 limit, you're going to get good sound, but not better, or great. Spend another $30 for an X-FI XtremeGamer or something, or just use the minimal, which would be a Live! 24bit for $30, I found some for sale on $5, as they support 5.1 speakers and have decent sound quality.

I have a p35-ds3r and it supports full surround sound and even digital. Almost any mid-high end motherboard is going to have good onboard sound. I suggest you actually test out how your sound is before buying a sound card. My onboard sound on this board is better than my old sound card that i had on my amd system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom