Upgradeing for This Holiday Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOGA

Daemon Poster
Hey Everyone!

Alright, we all know that the new holiday season games are just around the corner for us PC users, but its going to be a fight to play them at full settings.

Now, I'm a quality freak when it comes to the settings in game, I almost always want them on full. Part of this comes from me being an "artist" (I do film and video) and I want to see the work of the graphic engineers in full light, giving them a chance to show of their work to the consumer (me and other people that play on this comp including friends and relatives)

Now I want to upgrade this current gaming PC for this holiday season. The parts that I currently have may be sufficient, but I have a buyer for the old parts and I wouldn't be spending to much for this upgrade.

The Current PC

MOBO - M2n32-SLIdeluxe Asus
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2
RAM - 2.0 GB or quality RAM
GFX - 7900GTX 512 MB
PSU - ENERMAX Liberty 620W ATX12V

Now, my question is, should I wait until the next Gen GFX and CPUs come out or should I go with whats currently on the market?

wait.. the 7900gtx is good as it is. same with the rest of ur system...... wait for 9 series

Thats what I was thinking about, but just playing Boishock Owned it.

I don't know if It was because its running on XP not vista or what but I don't want to play and those low setting on crysis and what not.

Yeah i would agree with everyones suggestions. Your gfx will be good for some time. Its not worth getting the 8800 series.
And your processor looks good too.

Patience is the key to paradise...(or a better pc)
i know that sounds gay, but i've heard that somewhere.

Alright got it, I do want to get a new case and maybe start OCing then.

I want a small lan case with a handle, but classy, no widows or crazy lights if anyone has suggestions.

I'll figure out the OCing on my own hopefully.

I bet someone over here will be more than welcome to help you out.
I have just oc amd opteron so far....
When i get my new build ill need a lesson too.

Alright got it, I do want to get a new case and maybe start OCing then.

I want a small lan case with a handle, but classy, no widows or crazy lights if anyone has suggestions.

I'll figure out the OCing on my own hopefully.

whats ur budget?

It's pretty high because I just finished a few jobs and if im not upgrading then its good.

I would say 150 USD for a case maybe more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom