Geforce 6600 and Aero...

Status
Not open for further replies.

genericxs

Solid State Member
I've run into a problem where the newest Nvidia drivers for my geforce 6600. When installed aero works just fine however their are horrid articfacts everywhere when I attempt to play games. I found drivers that fixed that, however Aero then doesn't work...

Has anyone had a similar problem? Anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance,

~genericXs

The only fix is to wait for nVidia to release drivers that are not buggier than a ant farm.

what if you used microsofts drivers until nvidia makes better drivers. ms drivers worked fine for my fx5500

Turn off Aero when you play games.

I wish that would work, but it's a driver specific problem... At the moment it is either one driver (that has no artifacts in games) or the other (the one that enables areo). I have tried about 4 different drivers for the 6 series...

Thats funny. I have a GeForce 6800 and i use the nVidia drivers. Yet i dont have any artifacting at all. I can use Aero just fine. So sorry to say, if you are using the current drivers. It isnt a driver issue. Cause i use them as well. So it is something hardware specific. Like your card going. Or maybe something else.

might wanna check ur Vid Card Temps and get an aftermarket cooler if necessary

What if I was to say it's a mix of the 6 series drivers and the hardware, because using older 6 drivers I don't have any artifacts... maybe the 6600 just can't handle the new ones?

I also never had any problems in XP when the new drivers where installed, only till I upgrade did I get artifacts.. Could this be a result of dx10 :S

As i said. I am running a 6800. Using the newest driver. Playing all sorts of games with no artifacts. Game like CS:S, F.E.A.R. ,Doom3 and others. None of them artifact. Nothing artifact with the newer drivers. So it isnt DX10. It isnt the drivers.

Check the status of your card. It could be on its way out. If you are having this much trouble with it and people are using the same drivers as you without the issues that is all that could be left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom