What was your first computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atari 400. I did upgrade it with a dual layer dvd burner and a 7800Gtx. ;-)

Announced: December 1978
Released: November 1979
Price: US $549.95
CPU: MOS 6502,1.8MHz
RAM: 8K base, 48K max
Display: 24 X 40 text
320 x 192 monochrome
160 x 96 with 128 colors
Expansion: 2 internal expansion slots
1 cartridge slot under front cover
Ports: 4 controller ports
TV video output
Storage: external floppy drive
cassette recorder

Atari 400 computer

you have never seen a dvd to game port adapter? just kidding. Some guys at my dad's work had cracked every game made for the 400 and we had them for our sweet 5 1/4" disk drive.Some of the first cracks ever.

A Compaq (something)
Pentium 200Mhz
4 meg integrated video
Integrated Auto
CdRom
32 meg Ram
Windows 95

Oh yeah this puppy was sweet in 1995.

I guess I'll show my age with this one. A commodore 64. Then I got an Amiga 500. I had three games for the Amiga, gunship, pirates and hunt for red october. I could get a good 3-4 hours on hunt for red october before it would lock up. Those were the simple days of computing!:D

Ahhh.... our first FAMILY computer was an Apple IIe, then after a few years, we upgraded to a 200Mhz Celeron computer..... After that, I got MY first computer from my cousin. His work was doing Y2K upgrades, and they were tossing out mountains of boxes... It was a 100Mhz Pentium, that has the 'evergreen upgrade' or something, up to 133Mhz, 72 Megs of RAM, and a 6 Gig hard Drive, and a 16" CRT. I upgraded it with a Soundblaster AWE Gold 64 ISA sound card.... lol, this thing still runs today, and actually has Windows 2000 Pro on it. lol. I had it running a few days agoto see what I had on there.

my dad got like 5 '99 old Dell n Gateway computers, all Pentium III, 500MHz, all have less then 512mb RAM, all have Windows 2000 SP4, they go as slow as ****.

we currently have 4, 2 r in use.

*EDIT*

we actually had older computers but i dont remember much about them except that they had Dial-up 56k n we used AOL at the time.........omg it was so annoying to listen to it when hooking up online through AOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom