Just beeping, no booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpspoons

Baseband Member
My PC randomly restarted earlier, and ever since when I turn it on all I get is a black screen, and a loud beep every couple of seconds. Nothing appears on the screen, so I have no idea where the problem lies or what to do.

Please help.

Thanks.

try the ram in another PC, check your mobo manual for beep codes

Thanks for advice.

I replaced the ram I had with an old set and it works fine now (just with less ram). Later I'l try and put it into another PC.

Thanks!

Oh and one more thing, unrelated but its a waste to make a new thread.

Basically a couple of days ago both by harddrives suddenly stopped working, I have no idea why. So I just formatted one of them and reinstalled windows (it took three attempts before it actually booted). Now however I cannot access the other hd, windows just tells me its not formatted. I have some important docs on there so I would really prefer to get it working again instead of formatting it. Any ideas?

try setting it as a slave drive first then try...
Or you can try getting the cables and using it as an external hdd.
Other than that, i cant think of anything.

Well since your hdd is giving you problems, i would suggest buying a new one and dont wait.
It's not worth loosing all your stuff again.
They're not that expensive...its my suggestion and i would take action.

...Once gone, there is no going back.

Well that really is my last option. The hdd thats not working is a new hdd (a few weeks old) + it has some coursework which I need to hand in this wednesday. So I would prefer to find a way to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom