"No IDE H.D.D Master Detected!" -wtf??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poemaster

In Runtime
Hey I get the message "No IDE H.D.D Master Detected!" everytime I boot up I then have a message to press F1 and continue after which everything works fine anyone know what I need to change?

Yeah I had the same thing on my P5K deluxe. What you need to do is read your motherboard manual and plug your SATA cable into the appropriate socket on the motherboard which will detect it as a master. This should solve your problem.

Guys, I'm so glad I can actually contribute back to this forum. Even though right now I am so buzzed from being out at Lan Kwai Fung all night.

I'm assuming you're using IDE, in which case you need to have the HDD connected to the middle connection point (Master) on the IDE cable, not the one on the end, that one's for the slave drive.

Like the drunken monkey above me said, if you're using SATA, you need to have it connected to port 1, or Master Port whatever your mobo calls it :p

Well no I am using Sata Havn't been able to find out which is master form the manual yet what a shame I suppose I will have to open er up and take a look

On the motherboard, it will usually be labeled in fine print. Look for the Primary IDE slot imprinted on the PCB board, not the Secondary IDE.

Consult the manual on page 2-27, 28 section 3. Plug it into 1,2,5, or 6. Red ones are Masters, the 2 black ones are for slaves. Go back into Windows and it will detect it as new hardware. At that point you won't be able to access anything in Windows until after you re-boot a second time. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom