Remounted TT120 and did cable management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
My operation to take off the TT120, clean both the TT and CPU top off, reapply MX-1 and remount back on, an operation I thought would take 1 hour and a half, took seemingly 4 hours as it seemed LITERALLY impossible to unscrew the tightly screwed TT120 without taking my mobo out ( which would have required WAY too much effort since I tied many things down ). Anyways I finally got it remounted and sorta messed up on applying the MX-1 paste ( seriously this is without a DOUBT the hardest part of building a computer, I get so nervous and my hands start to shake its ridiculous ) Anyways that was finally done ( at the cost of my skin on all my fingers ) and after another hour of cable management tying ( maybe I might take a picture but it looks nice ) I finally booted up to find...

the temps on all cores at idle dropped 5-6 Celcius! and this is only the first hour of testing! ( supposidly as time goes on the MX-1 will settle more and drop temps a few more celcius ). Now I'm running at 35, 33, 30, and 24 celcius! yay! I plan to overclock in the future but not by much ( prob get to 2.7 or 3.0 ghz a year from now when its ACTUALLY needed ) since I guess my room is just hot and my chip runs rather hot compared to some so I can't do these crazy 3.6 ghz overclocks.

Lemme just say remounting the TT120 is a PAIN if you dont take the mobo out, but it may be worth it if you think your temps are abnormally hot.

BTW where is the cable management thread?

Oh and my BACK is seriously F-ed up big time...jesus I need a work bench...

It haslittle to do with the fact that the ambiant temp is high, but actually the TT system you have is weak. I'm running the same on til my FedEx driver gets here XD

You temps are very different from each other, might I recommend a bit of lapping action there? You look like you could use it :p

It haslittle to do with the fact that the ambiant temp is high, but actually the TT system you have is weak. I'm running the same on til my FedEx driver gets here XD

You temps are very different from each other, might I recommend a bit of lapping action there? You look like you could use it :p

I decided not to do lapping a while ago, I seriously just don't want the hassle. I'm not looking for record OCs here ( to be honest benchmarks were never a big issue for me, more so actual game performance which right now my system meets more then enough even at stock settings ), the most I would ever OC too is 3 ghz. These people pushing their systems hard to get 3.4 ghz and beyond just doesn't make sense to me.

My dual conroe is running very close to 3.4 on a TT Bigwater, which is worse then high end air cooling (Tubiq beats it easily), and it's not being pushed at all... I only bumped the vcore a good .025 lol And my temps are still 40*C idle! ><

My dual conroe is running very close to 3.4 on a TT Bigwater, which is worse then high end air cooling (Tubiq beats it easily), and it's not being pushed at all... I only bumped the vcore a good .025 lol And my temps are still 40*C idle! ><

well everyone knows quad cores run hotter then dual cores which is why dual cores can be OCed easier. Still thought I think quad core is more worth it today. I can't even hear my tuniq and the BIOS reports it at running at 667 rpm, which is impossible since its rated to run at 1000-2000 rpm. Friggin speedfan is reporting all my fans running at 4500000 rpm which obviously is just bogus...

LOL! SpeedFan has my CPU fan running at -87 RPMs right now... How the **** do you hit negatives? My vcore is apparently 4.1 volts as well. Not to mention my other fans quadrupling what they actually are. The only thing it is reporting right at the moment is the temps XD

I decided not to do lapping a while ago, I seriously just don't want the hassle. I'm not looking for record OCs here ( to be honest benchmarks were never a big issue for me, more so actual game performance which right now my system meets more then enough even at stock settings ), the most I would ever OC too is 3 ghz. These people pushing their systems hard to get 3.4 ghz and beyond just doesn't make sense to me.

you prob. wont need to lap yours. i did mine and it was flat from the beginning.

I lapped mine and had a lift up while putting on my TT120 using AS5. I've considered re-seating it but my idle temps are about 35, 35, 32, 32 with an ambient of 23 and I'm ok with that for now. I'm stable at 3.3 but I am doing some finer tuning and will make a thread posting my officials soon with all my data and bios settings. To **** with speedfan. Use coretemp - It always matched my bios temp reading. Always keep in mind though that not every chip is equal. Some can do better/worse than others.

Lemme just say remounting the TT120 is a PAIN if you dont take the mobo out, but it may be worth it if you think your temps are abnormally hot.

BTW where is the cable management thread?

Oh and my BACK is seriously F-ed up big time...jesus I need a work bench...

Lol, tell me about it, i put my TT120 on when the mobo was attached to the case, it was hella annoying and painful trying to turn that screw in with only three inches to work with. My hands wont even fit, next time ill put the heatsink when the mobo is out haha.

I lapped mine and had a lift up while putting on my TT120 using AS5. I've considered re-seating it but my idle temps are about 35, 35, 32, 32 with an ambient of 23 and I'm ok with that for now. I'm stable at 3.3 but I am doing some finer tuning and will make a thread posting my officials soon with all my data and bios settings. To **** with speedfan. Use coretemp - It always matched my bios temp reading. Always keep in mind though that not every chip is equal. Some can do better/worse than others.

I just realized your cpu temps are much lower then mine prob cause your ambient temp is so low. My room is very hot and my ambient temp at best can be as low as 45 celcius. I heard air cooling can never get below ambient room temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom