long watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwest

Baseband Member
basicly the new case im making is tall and thin, by tall i mean about 5feet, with the mobo at the top, then descending hdd>psu>360 rad>pump>rez, so question is, will the pump be able to pump water that high, since it will be at the bottom, and what will be the perfomance effects of having that much extra tubing, its a laing d5 btw?

5 feet tall? That is really high. How many motherboards are you planning to stack? :shocked: I think that's a bit too high for the pump to pump water up there.

5 feet? wtf?

Anyway with that pump it should be fine...besides if you use a fillport you'll have a closed system so it doesn't matter if it's it's pumping up or down.

5 feet tall? That is really high. How many motherboards are you planning to stack? :shocked: I think that's a bit too high for the pump to pump water up there.
no, the pump will be fine.
Yes, if there was no loop, it would have a more difficult time pumping the water. But the loop (with the water going up and down) it negates the gravitational force against the water.

thanks, yes its going to be a tall case, but its narrow, and is actually quite tight for all my components. ill post some pics when its finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom