Internet takes time to be recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccskorn

Baseband Member
I have Windows XP on both of my computers, but when I boot up and windows loads, none of my programs that use an internet connection will work for a minute or two. It takes a long time for the icon stating that my connection is going in the taskbar (I have DSL which is why I don't understand this). This affects both my computer and my family pc which is on a wireless connection, both using a router. Anyone else experience this?

A ok on those, I'm paranoid and scan almost daily, I know that's not the issue, it's always done this and I just now thought about figuring out what's causing it

do u have a firewall? sometimes your internet connection or programs that access the internet can be delayed when u start your computer IF you have a firewall.

you also said that you "scan" everyday. by that do u mean that u update your network connection settings everyday? thats the link you see on the "This page cannot be displayed" page. if that's the case, it might be your firewall, i ha to do that everyday too with my firewall...dont kno why tho...

I have a router w/ a built in firewall, so I don't use a software one. By scan, I mean using spybot, adaware, and AVG virus scan. I installed Windows 2000 and no my internet starts up fast.

You have 1 of your pc's looking for a proxy server...and turn off the windows firewall if your router does this.

Also you may have a 180search or webebates spyware that needs to be removed.

Ctrl-Alt-Del and end the processes from webrebates....lycos...180search...clearsearch....

Search your registry for prefetch stuff and delete everything in your Internet Explorer Downloads Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom