X-fi rumors of no front panel support false?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow is that why when I play music and games at the same time sometimes the music is cutting out the game music and sometimes the game music is higher volume than the music im playing?

Hmmm maybe I should get a soundcard.

So if i get a soundcard, will it disable my mobo sound or something? or will i still be able to use it and the soundcard simultaneously?

Edit: Also whats a good soundcard with an Optical and Coaxial outputs and that you can also your front audio ports to it.

Oh wow is that why when I play music and games at the same time sometimes the music is cutting out the game music and sometimes the game music is higher volume than the music im playing?

Hmmm maybe I should get a soundcard.

So if i get a soundcard, will it disable my mobo sound or something? or will i still be able to use it and the soundcard simultaneously?

Edit: Also whats a good soundcard with an Optical and Coaxial outputs and that you can also your front audio ports to it.

uh if you get a sound card you won't NEED mobo sound. You'll plug in your audio jacks into the sound card instead of the mobo. Theres absolutely no reason you would need to use both simultaneously...in fact that very idea makes me laugh. The best soundcard is the Xtreme Gamer X-fi as it comes in at a bargain at 50 bucks and isnt stripped down like the Xtreme music version.

Also I think you got the wrong idea about what a sound card does, pretty much it enhances sound quality, provides 3d EAX support ( a must for FPS games ), and can do other near EAX environmental stuff. Seriously...just dish out the 50...you won't regret it.

so, make one that does.

i dont know what the pin-outs are on the audio plug of my case...
is there some sort of standard? there is a green, pink, brown, black, blue, red, and purple. maybe a couple more colors than that. i'll look later this morning, for now...im going fishing.
but, is there some sort of standard color code? if i knew that, then yes..i could make one.

Gabb, I don't think the Xtreme Music version is stripped down. In fact, I think the Xtreme Music costs more than the Xtreme Gamer, or at least it did a year ago. I have the Xtreme Music, and it does game mode, entertainment mode, and audio creation mode. Imo, unless you are playing a game that directly supports an X-Fi in game mode, like BF2, I just run Entertainment mode when I game, and never get any problems. The overall quality is more clear and my speakers seem more active in sound production.

Some people do use onboard and sound cards at the same time. I use the X-Fi for all of my sound playback, like games music ect. But I have my headset plugged into my audio ports for my mobo, and run onboard for ventrilo and teamspeak. I don't like people's voices coming out of my actual speakers when I game anyway. I'd rather have them come out of the headphones on my headset.

well how do you connect ur computer to an optical speakers? cuz those sound card doesnt have spdif out on the back, some has on the sound card on the inside part but where do you connect that to get a 5.1 surround sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom