VIA introduces ONE WATT processor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be 1GHz and 1.5GHz versions that consume 3.5 and 7.5 watts respectively as well in case you need more juice

On September 2 (after two days from today), Intel will release Core 2 Solo ULV U2100 and Core 2 Solo ULV U2200 and they have 1.06GHz and 1.2GHz clock speed, respectively. They both consume 5 watts only !!

I think also that the Core 2 performs better per clock than these VIA processors

So, I'm really not amazed that VIA is releasing processors with very low power consumption, because Intel is doing the same thing..........

VR-Zone : Technology Beats - Intel New Mobile CPUs & Price Cut On Sept 2nd

And Intel already have Core Solo ULV U1300, Core Solo ULV U1400 and Core Solo ULV U1500 and they consume 5.5 watts

But those are Core Solo (not Core 2 Solo)

The Core 2 Solo ULV will be out on September 2, these will perform better per clock and will have 0.5 watts lower power consumption than Core Solo ULV

On September 2 (after two days from today), Intel will release Core 2 Solo ULV U2100 and Core 2 Solo ULV U2200 and they have 1.06GHz and 1.2GHz clock speed, respectively. They both consume 5 watts only !!
And Intel already have Core Solo ULV U1300, Core Solo ULV U1400 and Core Solo ULV U1500 and they consume 5.5 watts
based on Intel's average or "typical" load figures.

the Via processor uses one watt at maximum load. And on idle, it uses a tenth of a watt.

wow, i wonder what your electricity bill would be like, i wonder if it would be significantly cheaper to run one of these? does anyone know how much a standard CPU consumes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom