The OCZ Memory Cooler.. Worth every penny :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
35-202-003-02.jpg

Hey guys, I ordered a whole bunch of cooling equipment over the last 2 days, and one of those products was the OCZ Memory Cooler.

I give it a good 5/5 Eggs. It's completely silent with my case OPEN, and probably has negative decibels when it's closed (lol, I know no laws of physics XD).

The most important thing about it though is obviously it's cooling effectiveness which is very nice. In an ambiant tempurature of 28*C, this thing keeps my overclocked G.Skill 2gb (2x1GB) at 33*C MAX. It normally sits around 30*C, and before this cooler arrived I was at around 45-50*C.

Only complaint is the fasteners. It attaches right to the clips on the mobo, and it's loose. Not only that, but I had to go through all the trouble of removing my 8800GTX to put it in place since there was not enough room (on the Striker Extreme) to install it. But the half hour or so spent doing this was well worth it :p

I just wanted to let you fellow OCers out there know that there is indeed a good, cheap, and stylish memory cooler out there! For only $16 bucks, you can't go wrong!

My mobo has a bunch of thermo sensors on it. I have one leading directly into the GPU (In the heatsync). I have another in my currecnt radiator for my CPU liquid cooler, one between the heat spreader and the RAM module (touching the actuall RAM block) and another for the ambiant air outside of the case..

That's how

waaa? i shoulda gotten the striker and it was only for $150.00 more than my ASUS one... striker owns hehe. :D but too much stuff that you dont really need. Lights on the back of the mobo, LED that youll never use other than say first bootup where you first turn ur system on and see if it post or not hehe :D

But still a good board. :D

The LCD? I use it every day! It's a wonderful addition for overclocking.. And the LED's are on the front of the mobo, not back, and they mark key connection points around the mobo, they're only on during "Build Mode".

Striker Extreme has a crap load of extra features, I use every last one of 'em :p

The LCD? I use it every day! It's a wonderful addition for overclocking.. And the LED's are on the front of the mobo, not back, and they mark key connection points around the mobo, they're only on during "Build Mode".

Striker Extreme has a crap load of extra features, I use every last one of 'em :p

there's that "light" led on the back of the mobo hehe.

Oh, you mean the backlit I/O panel? That's useful every time you want to hook up an audio device or a USB device.. Although, the Striekr Extreme and the amazing HD sound card that comes with it does auto-remapping, so you can plug the speaker or mic or headphones into any of the ports and it will detect what it is and remap the ports for you :p This really helps when you're color blind like myself XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom