I need a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitedove

Baseband Member
My computer is giving me some trouble. I've been putting a lot of money in it because I'm afraid to try vista, but what if it goes completely out? Is it still possible to get a computer with XP? I need a moderatly priced computer. I use my computer alot and put it through a lot so I need something durable and dependable. I am a creative writer and do some greeting cards and simple graphic design and website building. I prefer Intel over AMD. I need one with a dvdrw/cdrw burner and also a dvd/cd it makes it easier for burning things. Heat is a problem I'm currently having 160 degrees is not uncommon. Any advice you could give me on a good brand would be great.
I currently have a gateway 510 xl which hasn't been too bad, but it has given me some problems and I need something really dependable.
Thanks Whitedove

You may desire to have Vista in the future but right now it's just too slow. Low-end computer = XP or Windows 98 for that matter.

My budget is 2500. I cannot build it myself I'm too busy at work. Where can I get a computer with XP on it. Or will have to find a copy of XP seperate and then have it installed?

Thanks Wendy

What you can do, is order parts, and have your local computer shop or a friend put it together. You can get an OEM copy of XP as well.

If you're up for that, I would suggest this list:

Case - Cooler Master Centurion 534
Motherbpard - Gigabyte P35-DS3L
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2.0GHz
RAM - 2 x 1GB Transcend AxeRAM DDR2-800
Graphic Card - ASUS HD 2400PRO 256MB
Power Supply - FSP (Fortron Source) AX400-PN 400W
Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar SE 160GB
Optical Drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner
OS - Windows XP Home SP2 OEM

Total is around $600+...You don't need a $2500 computer to do writing, greeting cards, simple web, and graphic design. This list of components can do all that, easily.

If you go to Dell.com, they have many PCs that suit your budget and yes, they still are preloaded with Windows XP on them so no worries there. CHeck out their XPS line PCs. Really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom