What are my best upgrade options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the buzz over the extras that dx10 allows, is it worth getting a card to support it at the cost of the better performance of a card like the 7900?

The 8600GT is horrible for playing DX10 games. If you want to play DX10, an 8800GTS or higher is highly recommended.

um.. huge no no on the 8600gt... go 8800gts320mb if u truly wanna do DX10 gaming...

So after reading about the 7900gs I'm totally sold on it. That was a really great recommendation. I'm glad I posted and didn't waste my money on an 8600. I guess DX10 will just have to wait for now. The 7900 seems like a sweet card. So I'm planning on the e4400 and a 7900gs. Is there a brand of motherboard that you guys prefer? I've got a ton of options and right now I have a cheapo ECS in my system - but to it's credit it's worked great for a couple years now. I'm just thinking if I can get a better quality board for a little more it might be well worth it. I've been looking at Biostar or Abit. What do you think? Or does it really matter in the long run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom