weird prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

hambo_12

Baseband Member
Hey ppl, just found a weird prob on my Win XP pro laptop. It seems, after I come back from lunch, that there was desktop.ini files everywhere! Theres one for every program I have in start > programs, there is one on the desktop, one in the task bar, and all around the place! I searched and found 69 instances. Whats the go, anyone got some ideas??

hey this kind of problem mostly comes from the redlof virus but it doesn come in xp ....!@@#$$ welll try scanning ur system frm an anti virus..!

hey thanks Vnet for the info, but still no luck.

Ran the virus scanner, and removal tool for redlof but nothing at all... really weird prob this, I have never seen anything like it before.

hey it really is wierd for me 2 ...ive neve heard of a problem like that ...try mailin microsoft...

hey which antivirus did u use to scan the hard drive ... cuz im sure its the redlof try mcafee .... or jus search all the desktop.ini files and shift+delete em..!!!

I used an antivirus called Computer Associates Etrust antivirus. Its the company lappie so its the one I have to use. I ran the removal tool for redlof and it showed nussing, so it cant really be that.

Dont know if I want to delete them, being system files and all...

Also checked the registry for entries that the virus would have created and there is no sign, so i dont know. Emailed Microsoft Support, so ill let you know their response as soon as I recieve it...

desktop.ini if you delete them does not harm your pc ....!! or changes n e thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom