Control Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach276

Baseband Member
Am running Windows xp home edition.

For some reason the "Control Panel" button has disappeared from the "Start" menu.

Any ideas on how I can restore it as I wish to remove some programs.

Thanks.

Why not just go to My Computer, and go to the Control Panel from there?

Or right click Start Menu, click Properties, Customize, Advanced tab, under Start Menu items, click Display as a link.

Hmm, yeah you could access ctrl pan from there, but have you installed a theme or sth, because otherwise it can't just be grayed out.

Hi b1gapl

Going to My compute doesnt bring it up. All i get is 3 main files: "Files stored on th e PC; Hard Disk Drives; Devices with reovable Storage:.

Going to your 2nd alternative shows that "My Computer" i s already ticked to display.

Just dont see why Contol Panel wont display anywhere

If you go to this key

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Control Panel.

Do you see a key that reads " Dont load " ?

Because I want to get to Control Pnael to remove some unwanted programs, although I can g et to "My Computer" where it does have alone item "add or remove programs", opening that up gives me the message:

"The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system operator"

Given it is just a single personal PC not linked to any network, this doesnt make sense.

MAYBE THE pc CONFIGURATION IS OUT OF WHACK SOMEHOW?

So, object is to access "Add or Remove" and allow me access

Any ideas ???

Cheers

Nevermind my last post, this works as I just tried it on my machine

Right-click Start button and choose Open. Right-click within the Start Menu window, select New, Folder. When the new folder appears, copy and paste the following text into the folder's title field:

Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D} Now when you click Start. Control Panel will be part of the Start Menu list. When you move your mouse over the new Control Panel folder, a cascading menu of all your system's Control Panels will appear.

when you make the new folder, name it to Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}

and it will automatically change it to the control panel icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom