frequent random BSOD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
I'm running windows xp sp2 and all updates are installed and i don't see why i keep getting BSOD's and some of them are 0x8e from august 20th and 0xc2 from today just 15 mins ago. it really annoys me as i couldn't save the game and had to restart my computer :(.

Try safe mode. Anyway, when I run emule at Vista at some time it will automatically bsod forcing me to restart several times when using it.

well i wouldn't want to stay on safe mode because then i can't play games or go onto the internet and it happens like randomly and it's not everyday or something it could be next week that the next bsod is going to appear.

Are they truly random or is there some other pattern you can find from them?

I would recommend running a memory diagnostics if you can. Something that tests reading/writing to all memory addresses in RAM in case you have a bad chip on your hands.

If you run memtest and it doesn't find anything after a few hours, try either updating your video driver if you don't have the latest version OR uninstall it and use an older version as sometimes changes in code can cause new errors.

try running 1 stick of RAM at once, if you get a BSOD with one and not the others then you know that the RAMS a problem,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom