Wise to clear up event log?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
Is it wise to clear up the event log? it's just a bunch of message that some program went wrong or some notice that doesn't really matter alot. So would the increase some performance or something?

the event log is about a few kilobytes in size. unless your running a commodor 64 it wont have any impact on performance. correct me if im wrong, but i thought it was just a .txt file.

Yeap, log files are written in txt or xls. They can obtain size of 10-50 mbytes after a few months, if the program does not delete old history. I delete log file sonly when privacy ain't protected, some programs send the log to thier manufacturers.

Yeap, log files are written in txt or xls. They can obtain size of 10-50 mbytes after a few months, if the program does not delete old history. I delete log file sonly when privacy ain't protected, some programs send the log to thier manufacturers.

yeah, but again; unless you running a really old rig with 1GB - 10GB hard drive, that sort of thing doesnt matter. im pretty sure it gets taken out at disk cleanup anyway

Well if you ever run into a problem, Event Viewer can be really helpful. I take it this is just on your home computer and not a server.

Set the log file size to say 1 MB and it will overwrite the older files as new events happen. If you can't spare 1 MB, you need a bigger HD.

I didn't mean that they occupy much space, the worst is 50mbytes after a long time. It's not at all much. I just said that you should disable logs from apps that don't keep your privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom