Calling all cars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuaziBee

Daemon Poster
All right fellow techies, this kept me up 'till 5am. See what you can make of it.

Layout:
e6750 /w tuniq
P35 DS3R
EVGA GTX8800
Seagate 320gb (the good one) SATA
Corsair 520HX (i think its hx)

Will boot to BIOS or any bootable CD. After a windows cd install it will not boot from the hard drive (or any time for that matter). It will install from the cd and then when it reboots after it POSTs and detects all the hardware it just restarts. I replaced the hard drive with the one in this computer (PATA) i'm using now and I get the same situation. After the POST and hardware detect it restarts and does that in an endless loop.

If I have my old hard drive in there I see the Windows splash screen and the loading bar gets about half way across before it restarts. I can say for certain that it's not windows because I'm using that hard drive in this computer now.

There aren't many components to hook up so I'm sure everything is in correctly. I've reseated EVERYTHING, it took me 4 hours to get everything the way I wanted it and tore it all out after this problem.

I'm going from here to google and then to the only option I have left, which its to start RMAing things.

Feel free to AIM me if you need more information as I will be in the other room crying over this hamstrung machine.

you need to format the HD with the windows disk then install a fresh copy of windows

Did that. After the cd installs the install files on the hard drive it boots from the hard drive to finish the installation. Thats when the failure occures.

Have you got a version of DSL on a USB pen that could tell you if the hard drive is scuppered..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom