Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following their public availability on Microsoft's Download Center, two hotfix packs for Windows Vista that improve performance and reliability are now available as optional downloads via Windows Update. They will not, however, be delivered automatically to Vista users.

Some of the changes offered by the updates include better file copy performance, faster boot times, improved compatibility with newer graphics cards, and better performance in games with advanced visuals. Those who do not want to install the fix packs manually can wait for Vista SP1, which is slated for public release early next year.

source.gif
News Source: BetaNews

On Friday 24 August, an internal process change inadvertently caused the current versions of the Windows Vista language packs offered as Ultimate Extras to be withdrawn earlier than normal in preparation for release of new updates to these language packs. This situation has since been resolved and the language packs are once more available to Windows Vista Ultimate customers via Windows Update. The content of the language packs themselves has not been changed.

Finer points:

â–ª Validation of these language packs is handled in the same manner as [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]security [COLOR=blue! important]updates[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR].
â–ª If they are accessed directly from Microsoft.com Download Center, then validation is required to download.
â–ª If they are accessed via the Windows Update control panel, then validation is required before updates will appear.
â–ª If Automatic Update (AU) is enabled in Windows Update, then all of these updates will install automatically. There is no validation on AU.

If you dont have Vista already but are thinking about it... Don't Bother with it!
Been using it for a couple days now and am already having problems. Lots of programs won't work with it either. Bah!!

have you tried playing games with dx 10?
like bioshock, call of juarez?

Im still debating.
I've used vista ultimate on my other hdd and everything was working fine.

If you dont have Vista already but are thinking about it... Don't Bother with it!
Been using it for a couple days now and am already having problems. Lots of programs won't work with it either. Bah!!
I have been using it since Nav and have had little to no problems. Ever think it might be ht user? Since i have gotten every applicaiton from my XP install to work flawlessly on Vista.
have you tried playing games with dx 10?
like bioshock, call of juarez?

Im still debating.
I've used vista ultimate on my other hdd and everything was working fine.
Bioshock has issues with DX10. Jsut read teh news stories around. They will tell you that Bioshock is better on DX9. Havent heard anything about the Call of Juarez yet. But i do know that the DX10 driver for Vista are still rahter buggy.

For bioshock, they did get a new driver out for bioshock that fixed a lot of things.
Im just still on the border line, for going to vista now for dx10 or wait....
i knoe xp, will cause no problems what so ever and run everything flawlessly.
I do have a week to figure this out.

won't the vista upgrades be free or expansions rather then a totally new OS? so whats the point of waiting? you might as well buy it now and enjoy the cool parts of it...

I'm debating buying it since I've gotten my hands on some stacks of cash, what does OEM stand for? (too lazy to look it up, I read about it before though)

microcenter has some OEM copies of home premium with some decent rebates

also, i was wondering... I heard before vista came out, that you can't move the installation to a different motherboard... is that true? in simpler words, can you install it on computer A, uninstall it and then revalidate/install it on computer B?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom