AMD's 3GHz K10 to break 30,000 3DMark06

Status
Not open for further replies.
its okay to like a certain company over another, thats what i say.
product loyalty counts for something in my opinion.
im a fanboy, there are lots of them here heh.
as far as the article, i am just hopin its not fake, but i guess we will see pretty soon.

hey, thanks man, i did that half asleep trying to get to bed! lol couldnt think of anything.

well, the article could be fake, we can't prove it untill somebody gets an identical setup and overclock it the say way with the same parts exactly, and see what the real numbers are.

also what adds into the factor is what programs are installed on the pc. if it has nothing at all installed, just a bare install with glass and everything off, and no eye candy, it could be possible, but again, we cant prove it until we test it ourselvs. the fact that The Inquirer has some fake stuff is like crying wolf, they have done it so many times, it could be fake, but it could also be true. but the performance jump of the system also has to take into consideration the efficency of the core,

or in car terms: better fuel.

I have noticed by overclocking my fsb by 20% to achive a 2.4ghz will increase my performance on 3dmark by 15%, but on a p3 that i have, a 20%, (1.2ghz) i only yeild a 8% increase. ocing the gpu lets me get better results, but it has to be fine tuned.

I'm pretty sure the article is fake, because the current wr with HD2900xt's in crossfire is 22224. I just can't see that this processor is going to make up for 8000 points.

EDIT: this is according to hwbot

at the same time the inquierer did claim the 8800gtx would put u up to 12000 points, and no one beleived that a video card would bring you up that high, but look at people with 8800gtx. they score right around that general area.

I'm pretty sure the article is fake, because the current wr with HD2900xt's in crossfire is 22224. I just can't see that this processor is going to make up for 8000 points.
no, the current world record is over 27,000
I have noticed by overclocking my fsb by 20% to achive a 2.4ghz will increase my performance on 3dmark by 15%, but on a p3 that i have, a 20%, (1.2ghz) i only yeild a 8% increase. ocing the gpu lets me get better results, but it has to be fine tuned.
Like I said, scaling also has to be taken into consideration.

The K10's do have HyperTransport 3.0, which is much faster than current HyperTransport. Plus, I'm pretty sure the new chipset they used supports PCI-E 2.0

Even with those two things alone, scaling would be significantly better than K8 processors - and even K8 processors have better scaling than Core 2's. It's just that Core 2's have a better IPC rating, and can overclock to a higher degree.

no, the current world record is over 27,000
Like I said, scaling also has to be taken into consideration.

The K10's do have HyperTransport 3.0, which is much faster than current HyperTransport. Plus, I'm pretty sure the new chipset they used supports PCI-E 2.0

Even with those two things alone, scaling would be significantly better than K8 processors - and even K8 processors have better scaling than Core 2's. It's just that Core 2's have a better IPC rating, and can overclock to a higher degree.

Sorry for being skeptical but link pls.

EDIT: Nevermind i found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom