WaterCooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh.. I wouldn't buy it.. You could expect a few degrees better results than that TT, but nothing spectacular or worth spending that kind of money on when still, I bet a Tuniq could out do it.

Ferrari, we have pretty much the same exact set-up, except for my E6600.. yet my 3DMark06 score is only slightly lower?

Oh, and the ram on our GTX boards are double pumped. People are going to think you're running some slow *** memory if you don't x2 that number :p I just realized I made the same mistake XD

Do you have aftermarket cooling on your GTX? How did you get those clock speeds up so high?

Eh.. I wouldn't buy it.. You could expect a few degrees better results than that TT, but nothing spectacular or worth spending that kind of money on when still, I bet a Tuniq could out do it.

They look kind of complicated =\ Do you recomend any "In the PC" watercooling kits? Ones like I've linked you too. That big Blue thing stays ouside of my case right?

Yes lol, the Reserator is an out-of-case deal. I do like all in the case, especially since i have a very large full tower (TT Armor<3). But out of case can be nice too. I've heard good things about Exos2's, but I know my custom kit will destroy that thing when it comes in a few days.

I am still using stock cooling.. I increased the PCIe x16 speeds on slot 1 to 125 in my BIOS, which allows much higher speeds (stable too :p). It's very hot in my room (ambient around my case is 41C) and my card is hitting about 65C idle which isn;t good but then again this isn;t normal conditions. I'm sweating right here >< lol.

Honestly, my final word on the matter is a custom kit. Drop the $300 and get a good custom system. I will be taking pics and making a walk through on the installation of a custom system when i do mine in a week or so (I have a lot of case modding to do)

Yes lol, the Reserator is an out-of-case deal. I do like all in the case, especially since i have a very large full tower (TT Armor<3). But out of case can be nice too. I've heard good things about Exos2's, but I know my custom kit will destroy that thing when it comes in a few days.

I am still using stock cooling.. I increased the PCIe x16 speeds on slot 1 to 125 in my BIOS, which allows much higher speeds (stable too :p). It's very hot in my room (ambient around my case is 41C) and my card is hitting about 65C idle which isn;t good but then again this isn;t normal conditions. I'm sweating right here >< lol.

Honestly, my final word on the matter is a custom kit. Drop the $300 and get a good custom system. I will be taking pics and making a walk through on the installation of a custom system when i do mine in a week or so (I have a lot of case modding to do)

How would I get a custom kit?

Danger Den Community Website - Home I recommend research and such. Judging by the build you have, I can rig up a system, but you have to give me a budget, i'd recommend probably 200-250 USD. Water Blocks for the GPUs aren;t cheap, so if you want to add your card into the loop, then add another 75-100 to that :p

Danger Den Community Website - Home I recommend research and such. Judging by the build you have, I can rig up a system, but you have to give me a budget, i'd recommend probably 200-250 USD. Water Blocks for the GPUs aren;t cheap, so if you want to add your card into the loop, then add another 75-100 to that :p

I would really like to start with a kit so I know what I'm doing with instructions manuals and what not, then upgrade ect. ect.. So can you please link me to a good water cooling kit preferably "In the case" ones, would be greatly appreaciated.
100-250 USD $$$$$$$
Thanks abunch

Okay, I'll look around for you and fit something to your needs! Give me a few minutes.

----- Edit -----

Okay, here are some 'kits' that I would recommend for a beginner. They are of some nice quality and will last you a while. ( In no specific order)

I personally like the Reserator and the idea of it. It's powerful, and very affective when used with the optional fan attachment, but since you don;t like the external look about it, then you can ex those out, but you have the links. I'd recommend the Reserator 1 V2 with fan kit.

Next, is Swiftech. They are known for their amazing ability to cool your system. Their water blocks are absolutely amazing, which is why I'd recommend the Swiftech H20-220-APEX-GT. It come with their Apogee GT. I'd recommend upgrading to the GTX version of this block, but that's not necessary for your chip. This one will also be a full do it yourself thing as well, so enjoy learning on this one!

Another personal favorite is the Koolance Exos2. It is technically external, but it executes this very smoothly. just head over to http://koolance.com Here it is on Newegg however: Newegg.com - KOOLANCE EX2-750BK Liquid Cooling System - Retail

Overall, I trust Swiftech to deliver, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

i know for a fact that all water cooling kits Petra's Tech Shop sells include an in depth install guide.

not to mention that you can always give them a call and they'll help you out over the phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom