WaterCooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveasorus

Baseband Member
I am thinking about getting water cooling for my current rig
Newegg.com - Thermaltake Big Water SE 120mm Liquid Cooling System - Retail

Thats ^^what I am looking at. I picked out this watercooling kit because it looks pretty simple to set up. I am new at this so, I figured this would be the best place to start. I have a few questions about it...

Does it all fit in the case?
How often do you change the water?

I will post more when i come across

No, lol.

You're planning on having this as a perminate means of cooling? Absolutly not. Air systems can do better then this water cooler, ahnds down. Get a tuniq :p

The TT Bigwater is a waste of time. If you want to idle at 45*C and load at 55 then be my guest.

Honestly, the Zalman Fanless systems are very nice and easy to set up, and work well, especially if you use the reserator fan attachment. But I recomend a complete custom loop for your system. DangerDen is a great place to start.

If you want good water cooling, be prepared to spend a good $250-400 depending on what you want to cool and how well you want to do it.

No, lol.

You're planning on having this as a perminate means of cooling? Absolutly not. Air systems can do better then this water cooler, ahnds down. Get a tuniq :p

The TT Bigwater is a waste of time. If you want to idle at 45*C and load at 55 then be my guest.

Honestly, the Zalman Fanless systems are very nice and easy to set up, and work well, especially if you use the reserator fan attachment. But I recomend a complete custom loop for your system. DangerDen is a great place to start.

If you want good water cooling, be prepared to spend a good $250-400 depending on what you want to cool and how well you want to do it.
Is the installation just as easy? I've got the money.

I've heard alot of bad things about the thermaltake bigwater series. I would recommend either building your own kit or finding one on petras or something.

The instalation for the Zalman is EASIER in my opinion. Plus it doesn't run off of your computers PSU.

A custom kit? Might be a bit more tricky the first time around since it won't come with an installation guide such as a pre-made kit from TT or Zalman. But we're here to help :p

Is the installation just as easy? I've got the money.

To be honest, installation can be a ***** for first-timers. Well, atleast it was for me. Be prepared to put some hours into it. If you get a nice setup though, it will be worth it in the end.

The instalation for the Zalman is EASIER in my opinion. Plus it doesn't run off of your computers PSU.

A custom kit? Might be a bit more tricky the first time around since it won't come with an installation guide such as a pre-made kit from TT or Zalman. But we're here to help :p

Would you be a doll and link me to a zalman kit ?

Ferrari, we have pretty much the same exact set-up, except for my E6600.. yet my 3DMark06 score is only slightly lower?

Oh, and the ram on our GTX boards are double pumped. People are going to think you're running some slow *** memory if you don't x2 that number :p I just realized I made the same mistake XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom