My Tuniq Tower 120 Fan Heatsink question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Ok, if i change my mobo, i have to remove that thing that goes in the back of the mobo so i can connect the fan. However, it uses that double sided tape thing and it stick there really hard and its soo hard to get also.

So when I remove that thing in the back, and say if the double sided tape doesnt stay there, is it ok if the metal part is touching the back of the mobo?

If you dont know what im talking about take a look at this picture

35-154-001-05.jpg

see the white tape on those black metals? if i dont have that will it be fine? cuz it will be touching the mobo and not sure if its good or not.

Ok, if i change my mobo, i have to remove that thing that goes in the back of the mobo so i can connect the fan. However, it uses that double sided tape thing and it stick there really hard and its soo hard to get also.

So when I remove that thing in the back, and say if the double sided tape doesnt stay there, is it ok if the metal part is touching the back of the mobo?

If you dont know what im talking about take a look at this picture

35-154-001-05.jpg

see the white tape on those black metals? if i dont have that will it be fine? cuz it will be touching the mobo and not sure if its good or not.

I dont really understand what your saying, theres just a sticker covering the sticky part. You remove the sticker and put it on the back of the mobo....thats all there is too it.

I dont really understand what your saying, theres just a sticker covering the sticky part. You remove the sticker and put it on the back of the mobo....thats all there is too it.

yup i did that on this mobo. Now heres what im saying. If you remove that part, which is really hard because it sticks there really well, and say that tape gets ripped. will it still be fine if the tape gets ripped and install the back on a new mobo or do you have to buy a new one of those little things/bracket or whatever you call it and buy a new one from tuniq everytime you install it on a new mobo?

Eh, you might want to contact Tuniq and request a new metal thing I am sure they will send one out if you cover shipping and minor costs that is prolly the safest way to go

Definetly. You're smarter then this, come on! Now most mobos don't really have protruding metal contacts in the back but it's still a bad idea to have metal draped across electronic componets like that :p

They'll give ya another one, go to their website

thanks maybe i should jsut ask for one before i need it hehe :D

Also grr stupid OEM version of vista. I was thinking of bringing my mobo to compusa and tell them its broken so i can upgrade to the NVIDIA 680i mobo but grrr ihave oem vista and not sure if i can install it on the new mobo, will i be able to? or when u install the disc does it prevent u from installing or it allows u but wont let you register?

It's the reguistering that's going to kick your arse. Microsoft won't let you register it on two different machines. However I have my copy on like 12 different machines. It's really easy to snow those foreign tech support guys :p

lol last time i called them they want to charge me for the call for tech support. and that was when i just got the software from newegg. they said i have to get support from newegg and if i ask them for support they will have to charge me im like wtf. but i was able to solve the issue though by searching the web for answers.

yea there is another thing those tech support guys are Super Inconsistant you get a guy saying stuff like that to you just hang up wait a few minutes and call back eventually you will get a sucker willing to give in to your demands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom