Wow is this how simple water cooling is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You explained two different loop methods, and yes, it really is that simple. No need to cool the GPU, only if you want.

TT Bigwater Sucks. I don't care who you are or what you're running or how you mod it, it sucks, plain and simple. The hose inner diameter is half what it should be, and the pumps are weak, the radiators are of low quality, and fans are also of low, loud, and slow quality.

Danger Den Community Website - Home All you need :p I've become somewhat of an expert on this subject however, with the ammount of research I've been doing day in and day out to try and pick the perfect system for my PC. Any questions just ask :p

is water cooling more effective than air? are there any other liquid you can use instead of water in the water cooling thiny?

Also, on ur 3dmark score ur runing at 3.4GHz? cuz ur score is higher than mine. Maybe its the striker thing.

Trust me, until you get rid of that thermaltake kit, you are nothing but a noob, get back to me when you actually buy a halfway decent loop.

Trust me, until you get rid of that thermaltake kit, you are nothing but a noob, get back to me when you actually buy a halfway decent loop.

so whats a good watercooling device then? hehe, im not getting anything fyi lolz. just wondering if its suppose to be this simple.

wow those are nice, too bad once technology changes you have to buy new cpu blocks and ones that goes to ur gpu.

Someone's a forum hostile :p rofl.

Water is way more affective then air. It's capacity to hold heat is 5 times greater then air, and the speed at which is absorbs the heat is twenty times greater then air. Which means it's highly affective even in warm ambiant climates.

As for the coolant, of course! There are all sorts of coolants, from the crappy glycerol based to the distilled water based solutions. Glycerol has poor heat transfer and absorbtion, so stay away from it. You want to look for 4 good qualities in a coolant product. 1st off, it should be non conductive as far as electricity goes. That way if there are mistakes, it's easy to clean up.

Secondly, anti-corrosiveness is a must. It will prolong the life of your pump and fittings throughout the system, and also will avoid damage to exposed componets.

Thirdly, anti-algea mixtures are good for obvious reasons. Algea stinks, and will shorten the life of your pump very quickly.

Lastly and obviously, it's ability to transfer heat. Like I said earlier, stay away from glycerol based formulas, as they're more expensive in most cases and perform very badly.

Most kits are never going to be as good as a fully custom loop. A good radiator is key, along with high flow counterparts. It really isn't that hard or complicated of a thing to do. If you follow directions it's all simple stuff.

Oh, and FYI Aspire, this isn't my first WC'ed build, so back down board bully :p Anyone who's been following my current project knows this was a quick and easy solution to never have to put the stock HSF on my chip, since it cools worse then fanning it with a peice of paper. It's a 3-4 month solution and I'm just about to roder a good $400 worth of gear from DD.

can u use a like um............ fish tank radiator? hehe, i think those are good and how bout fishtank cleaner to get rid of algea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom