Q600 0Step overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirius_GTO

In Runtime
I'm trying to overclock. I'm stable right now at stock voltage with 9X multiplier and 300 clock. I changed it to 9X370 and was running fine then all of the sudden I got the BSOD.

My CPU temp was running fine @ 23 CELCIUS so what could be the problem? Did it just BSOD because I was at an unsafe stock voltage?

Can you guys recommend some settings for the multiplier, core clock, and cpu voltage? what should I set it at. I want to do stable at 3.5Ghz

thanks a lot

You need more voltage to the CPU, if you're going to go higher with the FSB.

no, it is 23C. That was in the BIOS.

total system temp was aroune 34C.

So what settings do you guys recommend?

23 does sound really low unless you have outstanding cooling. I know b1g runs his at 3.3 with a 9x and 1.4v. Unless you've changed it b1g:D

I'm running mine at 8 multi and 413fsb with a 1.4v - though I haven't stressed it yet or even messed with the RAM. I will be doing so tonight. My idle temps are about 35 give or take a degree depending on daytime or evening ambients. I'm pretty sure you don't want to go above 1.6v to the vcore.

Like you, I'd also like to know other people's STABLE settings are at for their q6600's.

Edit** Found a good forum thread on all this somewhere else for some setting references

Post Your Q6600 G0 Overclocks w/ voltage - [H]ard|Forum

I'm running at 1.2v at 3.15ghz right now and getting around 50 degrees while playing world of warcraft. I think a lot of the heat is my case not venting as well as it could along with the 80 degree video card heating it up.

23c are really sure my q6600 runs at 43c with a thermalright ultra 120 extreme and a syth-flex fan pulling air out into my exhaust fan on my thermaltake armor is this normal by the way.

What are your bios or Core temp readings saying? If you're running 43 stock speed and at idle with the TU120 then I'd say suspect you need to re-seat that thing with some good thermal paste (MX-1 or AS5) or your ambient room temps are pretty warm. I'm overclocked and don't even sit idle past 35 with a 23 deg ambient and your HSF is slightly better than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom