Yayyy

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont use the EVGA stepup program

i was going to do that with my EVGA GTX. but you have to pay THEIR price when you stepup. which is usually double what the difference is on newegg.

i.e.

my GTX cost me $520. the Ultra was $620 at the time. evga wants $699. so it would have been $70 MORE to stepup. so i just sold the GTX.

But if the price drops steep enough you could still end up saving some.

You still have the 8800GTS which will last you two years or so, enough time for the new 9800 GTX Ultra cards to drop prices extremely low.

Edit: Im skipping the 8800GTX and going right away to 9800 Series

That does make sense but I'll be waiting a year at least and will have to sell it for much less. I may do that anyway because I dont have the bills to spend another 350. I'll just try to find some RAM w/i the next few months.

You still have the 8800GTS which will last you two years or so, enough time for the new 9800 GTX Ultra cards to drop prices extremely low.

Edit: Im skipping the 8800GTX and going right away to 9800 Series

if you want to keep the performance level you have right now with a GTS it isn't gonna last 2 years. :(

when the 9series comes out im sure the prices will drop on the 8800's...i think then the minimum 8800 card anyone who wants to game should buy is the GTX. i belive the GTS's will become outdated here veryyy soon.

Point is though, We have more processing pipes and pixel pipes and larger fast GPUs/memory. Eventually we're going to be able to play games that the GTS can;t even boot. By then we'll all be upping to the 9 series of course though :p I can;t see myself falling behind the curve XD

If by outdated you mean can't run ALL of the MAX settings then maybe. Outdated as in you can't play games exceedingly pretty? . no.

kinda. im saying if you want to keep up in the world of gaming a GTS will NOT be a card you want to buy. although it will still run a majority of future games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom