error: cpu fan has failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatio89

Baseband Member
Hey all, Im getting that error, even though I can open up my case and check that is indeed spinning. I have a ASUS K8S-LA Compaq OEM mobo, Sempron 3000+ processor. Any ideas? I tired connecting a different fan to the mobo, but still no luck.... =/

If it's still spinning, you should be ok. Maybe if you disable monitoring the CPU fan in the BIOS, it will stop giving you that message.

Thanks for the fast reply =) But, I cant even get into the bios, it shuts down like 10 sec after I start it with that error =(

Try powering down the computer, by turning it off, unplug the power cord from the outlet, wait a few minutes, and turn it back on.

Maybe reset the CMOS? If you don't know how to do that, just turn off the computer, open up the case, remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes, put it back in, and power it up.

WOOT thank you that worked =D
it seemed to disable to agp card though, so i guess i have to use on-board video til i get that back

ok something really wierd, i turned off the power, and the case fans remain spinning, and still no video feed.... =/

If you turned it off, and the fans still spinning?....weird...So when it worked what happened? It was back to normal? hmm...Try reseating the graphic card then?

Well, when I posted the message saying it worked, I meant it stayed on longer than 10 secs, lol. But at that time there was no video either. And yeah, turning off the power only stops the processor fan, ALL the other fans still run, PSU, case, and GFX(running off psu feed)... hmmm...

EDIT: LOL! It was in the wrong mobo fan connector!! Everything is working fine now, thanks a lot for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom