Gigabyte introduces Mainboard that supports Quad CrossFire based on AMD RD790 chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
Gigabyte-GA-MA790-DQ6%20002%20copy.jpg

quad-crossfire%20001%20copy.jpg

quad-crossfire%20002%20copy.jpg

Gigabyte-GA-MA790-DQ6%20015%20copy.jpg

Source

I like the look of it, but it's just not practical.

Re: Gigabyte introduces Mainboard that supports Quad CrossFire based on AMD RD790 chi

holy shizzle. But those PCIE slots are close to each other, i dont think the 2900XT will fit in there, four of them. Or will it?

Re: Gigabyte introduces Mainboard that supports Quad CrossFire based on AMD RD790 chi

It's possible with it's PRO counter part. The 2950PROs are single slotted, and are just as powerful as the 2900XTs. And I believe they're based off the 55nm or 65nm process. But still impractical.

and i thought SLI was a waste of $$$...

Well I see a new 3dmark record of say..... 50K? or even higher!

and i though the striker extreme was a waste.

How are the overclocking features, I wonder?

BTW, this is actually a socket AM2+ board, which means it's made for the Phenom's. though you'll be able to run your regular AM2 chips in it.

for some reason i think amd's cpu chips are ugly looking, those little pins that get bent ugh. I dont want to deal with it. I like what intel has done with theirs. Its cheaper to replace a mobo than it is to replace a cpu, its a good idea to have the little pins on the mobo.

Also the pins on intel mobo's are like bent anyway, they are not standing straight, they are bent sideways, hardly noticeable since they are really small.

for some reason i think amd's cpu chips are ugly looking, those little pins that get bent ugh. I dont want to deal with it. I like what intel has done with theirs. Its cheaper to replace a mobo than it is to replace a cpu, its a good idea to have the little pins on the mobo.
I think it looks better having the pins on the CPU.

And I think it's mechanically better.
Is that a mATX motherboard? Looks tiny.
with 6 expansion slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom