Signs of a defective motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean66

In Runtime
I just ordered a Gigabyte P35 D3SR mobo and decided to use my Zalman 7000 CPU fan. After hooking everything up and booting up, I noticed that the CPU fan doesn't start spinning for about 2 seconds after I push the power button.

Is this normal with this board. My Zalman fan only has a 3 pin power plug while the mobo header for the CPU fan is a 4 pin. From reading the manual, it appears that the 4th pin is for speed control, so I'd imagine that my 3 pin Zalman 7000 should still work correctly.

Have any of you had similar experiences with this mobo?

I have that motherboard, and I've noticed the same thing. Sometimes it does takes a few seconds. Same thing happens with my P5N-E SLI.

Mine starts right away. Also when you are changing something in the BIOS and it saves the settings it boots up and then if it pauses, all fans turns off, lights turns off everythign turns off for like 2 seconds then turns back on again, I think its normal cuz its been happening to me after I change any OC settings especially voltages and stuff.

But mine turns on good now, it doesnt pause and stuff. Also, if you unplug ur psu from the power source, the mobo will discharge itself and when you plug it back in and turn ur pc on, it pauses for two seconds too to charge the cpu then turns on.

Yes this is normal. Although i dont use the cpu_fan slot anymore because i prefer to have my fan run at full speed.

edit, actually had to do some work in the middle of this post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom