X-fi rumors of no front panel support false?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Again, this forum is to promote the truth about hardware. I once read a post where someone was saying if you get a X-fi sound card you can't use your cases front jacks for mic/ear and stuff and were forced to use the cards back panel ports ( which would prove a problem if you had speakers hooked up to it already ). I had a brief period of time with my last pre-built computer ( returned it ) where the front port ear and mic jacks didn't work and I didn't have much time to check out the soundcard. Anyways with my current system,( I have a X-fi xtreme gamer sound card ) and the front port ear and mic jacks indeed do work. All you gotta do is plug it into the X-fi card, so I don't know what was the whole controversy with soundblaster cheating out customers.

mine doesnt work.but its because my headers wont connect to my motheerboard they different set opposed to my motherboard

Again, this forum is to promote the truth about hardware. I once read a post where someone was saying if you get a X-fi sound card you can't use your cases front jacks for mic/ear and stuff and were forced to use the cards back panel ports ( which would prove a problem if you had speakers hooked up to it already ). I had a brief period of time with my last pre-built computer ( returned it ) where the front port ear and mic jacks didn't work and I didn't have much time to check out the soundcard. Anyways with my current system,( I have a X-fi xtreme gamer sound card ) and the front port ear and mic jacks indeed do work. All you gotta do is plug it into the X-fi card, so I don't know what was the whole controversy with soundblaster cheating out customers.

Can you show us a pic of where you made the connections?

Good post, Gabb - I remember the post you're talking about. I took the X-fi gamer off my list because of that post. Maybe I'll get one after all.

Thanks for following up with your experience.

Can you show us a pic of where you made the connections?

Its the one on the side of the card with 9 pins ( has 10 slots but 1 is plugged up ), just plug the front header on your case which should be labeled AZALIA or something like that ( stands for intels high def audio ) to the card.

mine doesnt work.but its because my headers wont connect to my motheerboard they different set opposed to my motherboard

you connect the audio headers to the sound card not to your mobo, unless you want mobo sound.

i had an audigy 2 zs and i was able to hook it up to t he front panel. you just have to look up the wiring prints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom