Another Vista Service Pack 1 build leaks out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Microsoft was never good at keeping data for themselves and it is no coincidence that yet another build of the upcoming service pack 1 for Windows Vista is now available through various means such as Usenet, P2P networks and ftp sites. The size of the 32-bit service pack 1 of Windows Vista is about 720 Megabyte while the 64-bit service pack 1 has one of about 640 Megabyte.
Both versions of service pack 1 for Windows Vista are shipped as executables and can be installed on any RTM version of Windows Vista, be it 32-bit or 64-bit. I would not suggest to go out and search for this release and install it on a computer that you work with because it is still a beta release and not a final one.
Unpacking the service pack reveals more than 1.7 Gigabyte of data and the installation seems to need three restarts before it finishes. In case you are wondering: I did not install the service pack 1 but found the information at blog.
Read More:
Vista Service Pack 1 Screenshots and Information
nfo from the scene release

Yup had this for a while now. Just like the SP1 that they plan on releasing some time next month to Connect. Opps did i just say that. Ahh well at least i know that will be a Official Beta not jsut a pre-beta leak.

Well yes. Hence why Vista is on a DVD. Also these fixes are the things that should have been done before Vista was released. It is all jsut hotfixes that you can already apply to your system. There isnt much getting changed. Not like XP SP2.

Microsoft is planning to have Vista SP1 beta ready 'in a few weeks,' with a full deployment planned for the first quarter of 2008.

Like all service packs, Vista SP1 will include a number of security, reliability, performance, and compatibility improvements, including all that have already been released via Windows Update. Additionally, Microsoft says, the service pack will improve some administrative features and add support for new hardware and emerging standards.

source.gif
News Source: HardOCP

Now that Microsoft has set a release date for both the beta and final versions of Windows Vista Service Pack 1, the company is also offering a detailed look at what's being fixed and changed. One thing customers will not see is major changes to User Account Control, although Microsoft says it will reduce some pop-ups.

Perhaps the most notable change will not be for customers, but rather Microsoft partners. The company is including an API that third-party developers can tap into in order to work with kernel patch protection on x64 editions of Vista. This patch protection has proven to be a problem to antivirus and other security vendors.

source.gif
News Source: BetaNews

Hey guys, im going to be instaling vista ultimate 32 bit on my new rig.
Here are some of the specs for it:
e6550
8800gts sc
2gb crucial ballistix ddr2 800.

I was wondering if i have to do any tweaking right after installing the os...or if they're any good tweaks available.
It would be nice if you guys could link me to where i can dl the sp builds that are out right now.
I want to make sure my system runs find and has no problem with gamin.
thanks

First off there is a whole topic over 60 pages long at the top. USe that for all sorts of info.

2nd you DO NOT want these SP builds. They are pre-beta and can cause massive issues on your machine. Plus there is no telling if when later builds become available if you can uninstall these builds and install those. Or if you have to format and re-install to put those newer builds on.

You will want to wait till 1Q next year when they Offically release the SP before you install. If not you run the risk of having to format and install every couple of weeks while the SP is in Beta.

which thread?
theyre so many.
and im not talking about the betas...
they were two builds that leaked earlier and i cant remember which ones or where to get it. And i think you could remove them from add/remove programs.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/windows-vista-discussion-53448/

That is the thread. ALL of the leaks of Vista SP1 have been pre-beta and buggy. The first leak crashed with install of Alcohol 120%. The 2nd one works with alcohol 120% but is known to crash browsers at times. There is still some issue with alcohol 120% and WMP running at the same times as well.

As i said the official Vista SP1 is not to be released till 1st Quater of 2008. Wait or you run the chance of crashing your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom