Gonna try to get a faster boot....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lols, i dont have anti virus haha, stupid windows live one care does not work with 64 bit vista. Stupid microsoft.

Anyway, hm.... yes i have a Raptor X but it takes like 16 passes, that progress bar thingy, for windows to load. It should be faster. :(

And yes, I have my main OS installed on the Raptor and all other datas, music, videos, and photos except softwares and stuff are installed on the Seagate drive.

Ok, wow i disabled almost half of it and still 16 passes in the progress bar. Hm....

Edit: and on the Task Manager, it went from 62 to 54 processes.

64 processes is insanely high. you really shouldnt have more than high 20s, low 30s unless you are always doing a lot of multitasking.

do as commandercup recommends. i do that "clean boot" whenever i game on my work machine to eliminate the garbage.

Hm... Okay, i think the reason why it takes me 15 - 16 passes is because of some SoundMax Driver thingy.

When that driver is not loaded when I changed the Sound on the BIOS from HD to AC37, and booted windows vista, it only took 4 passes to fully load. But then I dont have any sound because the driver is not loaded, so when I install the driver, it takes 15-16 passes. Thats just crap!

I dont know but I do know that whats causing it is the Sound Max HD Audio Driver provided by ASUS that came with my mobo.

How do I get to this menu that allows me to choose what boots up. And when you mean pass what counts as one pass just one across or a full cross and return?

EDIT: nvm i just typed in msconfig in the start menu (vista), now im gonna count my passes.

EDIT: (again) yeah passes only go from left to right, and after disabling aim, xfire, and steam, its 5-6 passes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom